Address 74 Bridge Street, Carleton Place ON, K7C2V3 Email email@example.com Phone (613) 327-0910
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I’m new to the studio. What can I expect?
Welcome to HAMSA YOGA! On your first visit, you can simply walk in and sign-up for our Intro Special. Although online registration is preferred, you are more than welcome to check out this space before or after any class. Please arrive 15-min early to allow time for you to settle in. Bring a yoga mat and any props you may have (blanket, yoga blocks).
Some important things to note
◦ Please respect silence within the practice room before, during and after class. Once you enter the practice room or space, please be quiet and respect the space of the fellow yogis around you. The practice room is a space to center/reset and escape the chaos of daily life.
◦ please do not bring your cellphone into class
◦ classes start promptly at the designated time. Late-comers will not be permitted into class.
◦ scent free please 🙂
What are your studio protocols to protect against Covid?
◦ Class sizes will be limited to 10 people to allow proper social distancing.
◦ We will use a hospital grade disinfectant proven to kill viruses like COVID-19 in all common areas before and after every class.
◦ Social distancing markers are placed along the floor to help guide you safely into class.
◦ A hand sanitizer station will be available upon entry to the studio.
◦ Masks are required to enter the studio and worn throughout all common areas. Once you are set-up on your mat, you are welcome to remove your mask.
◦ Please come dressed and ready for class. Mini storage available for small personal items.
◦ It's best to pre-register for class.
◦ Doors will open 15 minutes before class
What is Yoga?
Yoga is an ancient physical and spiritual discipline and branch of philosophy that originated in India more than 5,000 years ago. The word 'yoga' comes from the Sanskrit word yuj, which means to yoke or join. In other words, it means “union.”
Benefits of yoga:
Lowers stress and enhances relaxation
Boosts physical strength, stamina and flexibility
Enhances concentration and self control
Intensifies tolerance to pain and enhancing mental clarity
Enhances posture and muscle tone
Boosts functioning of the immune system
Improves blood circulation
Results in healthy, glowing skin
Cleanses and improves overall organ functioning
Bestows peace of mind and a more positive outlook
Infuses a sense of balance and internal harmony
What do I need to bring?
A yoga mat, water bottle and yourself.
What Should I wear?
Wear comfortable pull-on pants, leggings or shorts made of breathable fabric. Bare feet please!
What if I’m not flexible or strong, can I do yoga?
You’re in the right place!
Flexibility comes when the muscles develop strength. We'll teach you how to safely stretch & strengthen so that you will develop more flexibility in time. Not to mention the extra added BONUS of more body awareness, safer everyday movement and relaxation techniques.
Can I eat before class?
We suggest giving your digestive system a rest at least an hour before class. Once you start practicing regularly, you'll understand your needs better and will know what works best for you.
Can I come to any class on the schedule?
Absolutely but be mindful of choosing the class best suited to your abilities. If you have questions about the classes offered, please call us 613-451-3200.
What is the meaning of OM?
Om is an ancient mantra. The sound “ooohhhmmm” represents the energy and movement of the entire Universe. Chanting the word creates a beautiful vibration within the body and helps to open the throat chakra.
What is the meaning of Namaste?
Our classes always end with the teacher reciting the words "Namaste" to the class. In Sanskrit, it means, "I bow to you". Simply stated, Namaste means: The Spirit in Me Honors The Spirit in You.